Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thought for the coming week: "In our busy lives, with ever so many others competing for our attention, it is essential that we make a conscious, committed effort to bring Christ into our lives and into our homes." Pres. Monson 7 Dec. Christmas Devotional
As I sit here at my computer pondering the next few days and all of the preparations- I could easily be overwhelmed!!! Discharging Hyde's dad from the nursing home- arranging for 24 hour care- Christmas Eve up here at our home- dinner- 5 excited grandkids- Christmas day- 5 excited grandkids and 7 sleep deprived adults- Christmas dinner- picking up Hyde's parents and bringing them here for dinner( weather forecast is clear skies). But- I really feel at peace- I don't know if it's just being tired and having a cold - no- it's not- I really think it's a gift from Heavenly Father- I am looking forward to having everyone here together and I plan on enjoying every moment of it! I am so blessed to have the people that I love and that love me here at our home and we really do have so much to be grateful for!
So the quote from President Monson really made me stop and reflect how Christmas is really about bringing Christ into our homes and loving one another. Merry Christmas to all of you !

2 comments:

Trav & Katie said...

I cant wait to be with everyone! I am so anxious and excited! Love ya mom!

Natalie said...

Yes, Merry Christmas to you and all of your family. Thank you for your thoughts and testimony.