Sunday, April 19, 2009

And it snowed for 40 days and 40 nights!!

Right about now I can truly say- I've had it!! We have been without power since Friday night- quite the challenge for this country bumpkin! But I did manage to start our generator ( Hyde was stranded up in Denver) and the lights came on and the TV and I had water!!!!! Thank goodness for water!! I found that with all of our food storage, Hyde & I had not managed to stock up on H2O - and without power - your well does not pump- alas- we have learned a valuable lesson and one I hope we will not forget! Mandy- I'll bet you wish you were here instead of on the beach in Hawaii!! Ha! Ha!

4 comments:

Amanda-Gail said...

Yea...that picture makes me miss home! NOT....no but really, I never thought I would say this, but I do miss the snow a little...but just a little. Not enough to come back just yet...HA!

Natalie said...

I would be going nuts! But Anthony would be in heaven! I tell ya, we NEED to get Anthony up to see your place. He would love it!

Good luck!

Trav & Katie said...

Oh my gosh Mom, that is awful! Ughhh I would go insane!! It looks like it snowed for 40 days and 40 nights! I am glad dad finally made it home, I hope your power comes on soon! Good thing you have that generator

Donna said...

Gail,
Been there, done that, and no thank you! Hawaii here I come!
I wonder how long we can sit on the beach with out leaving????
Let's try to break a record or something for the over the 50's ladies that stayed on a beach!-Ha!
I'm counting the days and I am sure you are, now! Can't believe that storm and it is the end of April! Hope you and Hyde are reunited and your lights are on!
Love you,
Donna